History of our Warrant
Lodge No. 49
This number was issued 12 April 1736 to CHARLEVILLE, Co. Cork under the title ‘Emerald Lodge’, where it worked until 1865 when it became dormant. It resumed work in June 1879 and continued until the warrant was returned, 7 March 1901.
The old Charleville warrant was transferred to GREYSTONES, Co. Wicklow, on 1 June 1911, where it works under the ‘Emerald Lodge’ title to this day.
The Jewels of the Officers of Emerald Lodge N0. 49, Charlesville are on display in the Masonic Museum
The Masonic Hall
27 Tuckey Street,